Last Shout - Posted by: SRCC - Saturday, 28 October 2017 16:19
Winter calendar 2017-18 has been posted... >>> CLICK HERE FOR CALENDAR <<<

December 12, 2017, 08:33:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2WD Spec Class 10.5 - Summer 2014  (Read 9151 times)
SRCC
Administrator

« on: March 07, 2014, 01:04:37 PM »

This coming outdoor season the club will host a controlled motor 2WD class as one of the summer competition series.

Motors are to be 10.5 turn limit and commercially available (i.e. no hybrid or exotic motors).

Schumacher Blocks will be the control tyre for the rear axle, these are hard wearing and many drivers will have them already from indoor racing.  Front axle tyre is free choice.

Speed controllers must be set to "blinky" settings.  This means zero settings for boost and no electronic timing advance set at the speed controller.   Speed controllers that do ot have a specific blinky indication may be subject to scrutineering.

The series is scheduled to be 5 rounds with best 3 to to count.

Dates can be found on the Summer Calendar

SRCC
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 01:09:10 PM »

Formby Models currently have a special purchase deal on 10.5 motors.

Call the shop 01704 870432  OR  see Phil this Sunday at Turf Wars R8 if you want to order a motor at this special price.
howard.mahon
Club Member

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 12:17:15 PM »

Just some points I wish to raise on the up & coming summer dirt spec class.
(1) Yes the 10.5 motor should be of the spec type I.e NO adjustable timing.
(2) As regards yellow block tyres, has anybody tried these on the Viccy park track? Not sure they are going to work on the hardcore surfaces or the older worn astro. I would of thought that the yellow mini spike, for dry conditions & the BB green for wet/damp conditions would of been a better choice. These will already be in your pit box!! Could also be policed by the race director dependant on the conditions.
(3) As regards to the ESC, I personally run the LRP sphere TC,s which are a good reliable unit but unfortunately do not have a 'BLINKY' mode but can be turned down to zero settings. Is the committee going to allow me to run these? as I really don't want to have to go & buy yet another as the idea of this series is to keep the cost down.

As the series is being run on 4WD comp days I will probably alternate between the two, as will the other  two or three 4WD drivers!!! At least the truck series has been dropped!!

H.
Dan Webster
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »

Unfortunately if you check out 10.5 "Spec" motors most have adjustable timing.. Often with just marks and no angle indication so can sometimes be impossible to judge the amount of advance.  (Often the factory preset mark is not zero and its position varies from brand to brand)

However you can use any speedo.  Blinky mode speedos make it easy to indentify settings.  If you have a non-blinky speedo then and your car happens to be rocket fast then you might be asked to demonstrate the settings, thats all.   Spheres are essentially blinky anyway as it has no turbo feature.

Tyres might get interesting if its wet....   lets start praying to the sun god now.
Clive Loynes
Club Member

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 09:46:30 PM »

All sounds good to me.

Got a motor, Tyres and Speedo and couldn't cope with turbo if I had it!

Clive

It is quite possible for a man to be a fool and not know it!  Unless he is married
Check out HBI at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hesketh-Bank-Innovations/768872353145927
matty
Club Member

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 10:12:18 PM »

Motor ordered from Formby models, speedo has no blinky specific but I will turn all settings to zero. It might even be faster round the track than modified, who knows until its tried with blocks.

Matty Sinclair

Losi xxx4
Hobao H2 Pro
Chris Evison
Committee Member

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 10:39:36 PM »

Rest a sured Howard, blocks are just as quick if not quicker than spikes.
It was a little slower on the concrete but much quicker on the astro.

In the dry the blocks will last twice as much as spikes too.

In the wet/damp they were a little slower over the lap but the wear rate was zero.

Cheers
Chris

PR Racing UK- Insideline Racing - SRT Servos - Maclan Electrics - Parr's Parts - Cream Extreme - Number 5 RC - Sick Graphics
Cream

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 01:41:56 AM »

Rest a sured Howard, blocks are just as quick if not quicker than spikes.
It was a little slower on the concrete but much quicker on the astro.

In the dry the blocks will last twice as much as spikes too.

In the wet/damp they were a little slower over the lap but the wear rate was zero.

Cheers
Chris

Not only that. Every one is in the same boat so does it matter?

If they are crap, They are crap for everyone and are easy to spot/control.

?

>>>>AKA Noel Grundy<<<<
Steve Brew

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 12:33:49 PM »

Are these still the rules for the 2016 series ? or is there an updated thread for 2016 ?
Thanks Steve
Clive Loynes
Club Member

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 05:10:07 PM »

Are these still the rules for the 2016 series ? or is there an updated thread for 2016 ?
Thanks Steve

Yes Steve, those are still the rules.

Race reports are here:-
http://www.srcc.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4618

And it's best three rounds to count so you can still get a full score!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:14:10 PM by Clive Loynes » Logged

Clive

It is quite possible for a man to be a fool and not know it!  Unless he is married
Check out HBI at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hesketh-Bank-Innovations/768872353145927
RaceDan20

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 10:01:40 PM »

Hi is the racing on this sunday 26th june, I've so what time does it start,
I don't have a transponder how would I get one,

RacerDan
Clive Loynes
Club Member

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 08:07:32 AM »

Hi is the racing on this sunday 26th june, I've so what time does it start,
I don't have a transponder how would I get one,

Hi Dan?

I don't think that there is any racing today, 26th June, as there is a Regional Event.

I'm hoping to go down for a practice on Monday afternoon if that is any good.  ;-)

Retransponders, you will be able to use a "handout" club transponder for a few meetings, whilst you get yourself sorted.  I'm not sure if there is a charge made.  I expect that Eric will be able to tell us but since everyone who knows anything is probably at the Regional, you may have to wait until tomorrow.

Also, take a look at the Summer Calendar for our schedule of events:-
http://www.srcc.co.uk/index.php?pid=530

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 11:24:01 AM by Clive Loynes » Logged

Clive

derek mc
Club Member

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »

With the indoor season approaching we are looking at extending the 10.5 class into the winter callender can I ask anyone who would like to do this class to please put their names down on this page this will give us a clue as to the support the 10.5 series can expect. I will be doing 10.5 as a preferred class.
Tom
Club Member

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 06:19:13 PM »

I'd run 10.5  Grin

Tom Pattison

MB Models, Yokomo YZ2, Losi 22-4, Atomic Carbon S2,S44
Aidan
Committee Member

Aidan Burke-Team Yokomo

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 06:40:51 PM »

I have my 10.5 ready to be soldered up!!

I didn't do it! Unless I was supposed to do it in which case I did it last week.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: